More than just a seasonal favorite, margaritas are loved by many. There are so many variations to the recipe, that everyone is sure to find one they love whether it is fruity, frozen or even includes a beer (beer+margarita = "beer-garita") . Unless, that is, you don't like tequila. If you don't like tequila then a margarita is not for you, and niether is a beer-garita. Sorry!
If you do like margaritas, then we strongly encourage you to mix up a new kind of a drink - the beer-garita.
They're tasty, and a great way to mix up your typical margarita on the rocks.
Ready to try it out? Follow the steps below:
Ingredients for a six-person recipe:
- 3 beers (We recommend a Mexican one like Corona or Presidente)
- 1, 12 ounce can of Limeade
- 12 ounces of tequila. Use the empty Limeade container for measuring.
- A couple cut-up limes (up to your personal preference)
- Ice, and lots of it
- Margarita salt (optional)
Easy steps to make your beer-garita:
- In a large pitcher, mix the beer, limeade and tequila enough to immerse the liquids together.
- Next either add the ice or pour over a pitcher which contains ice.
- If you want to add margarita salt, do this now. Grab a lime-wedge and rub it along the lip of the glass in order. Then dip the lip of the glass into the margarita salt.
- Lastly pour mixture and garnish with a lime.
Have you or will you try a beer-garita? Let us know your thoughts and also feel free to include other variations to the recipe below in the comments section.
What were your thoughts?